How can you afford to buy a share of your own home?

You will probably need to borrow some money. This is called a mortgage.

Some people have a lot of money or their family has money and they can use this to help buy a share.

MySafeHome helps disabled people get mortgages through banks and building societies.

If you’re able to work this scheme isn’t suitable for you

Some disabled people who are not working can get Income Support to pay SOME of the interest on their mortgage

To qualify for Income Support to pay the interest, you must be:

  1. Moving to a home better suited to your needs
  2. Getting Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  3. Getting Income Support or Employment & Support Allowance (ESA) in the Support Group or Incapacity Benefit for at least 39 weeks

The Housing Association will rent their share of the property to you:

or Housing Benefit may pay for your rent


Please use the menu to the left or click the button below to continue to - Who does the repairs to your home?